[HOT] 7.9 earthquake in Nepal

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 12:00:50 UTC 2015

Wiki page for this earthquake: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2015_Nepal_earthquake Let's hope our friends a the Kathmandu Living Labs are all safe today.
Because the community is strong in Nepal (and particularly Kathmandu), the map is already pretty good. Let's hope aid agencies will found out about our maps and find them useful.
We should be wary of unleashing task manager jobs on the area. We must particularly try to avoid the mess created by people getting carried away with landuse but in silly square shapes (don't do this!)
But there's some work to do. I see a few settlements and their connecting roads in the river valleys to the northwest of Kathmandu, where we could improve the map remotely a bit.
See the above wiki page where we can post more coordination info

Harry