[HOT] 7.9 earthquake in Nepal - HOT Activation - OpenStreetMap response to Katmandu Earthquake

Jaakko Helleranta jaakko at helleranta.com
Sat Apr 25 14:10:23 UTC 2015

What an unfortunate piece of news.

Very glad to hear that people from Kathmandu Living Labs are OK and safe.
Hoping the best for other survivors.
Huge thanks -- once again! -- for the swift reaction of our core activation
coordination people, very good that things are already moving.

As others have noted already, the preparedness work done over the course of
past years puts the affected area in a (comparatively speaking) good
position for this response. Let's hope that this materializes into better
use and hopefully in better response.

I'll try to reach out for my part to those (mainly Finns) I know are in the
area and spread info of our data and activation.

My thoughts and prayers are with the affected people and their beloved ones.

-Jaakko

--
Sent from my mobile device.