[HOT] Nepal Damage Assessment

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:18:18 UTC 2015

HI folks, I know that the Imagery Working Group is on the case. On a few
other mailing lists, there have been offers of imagery (not just to HOT).

I know that imagery providers are working hard to get imagery into many
people's hands. Usually the process is that the imagery decisions get made
with the Working Team on the list and with the Activation Working Group and
Activation leads. Then kind and talented people like JGC and others process
it. The weather is going to be a factor.

With Vanuatu, the UAV imagery happened over 3 weeks after the onset
emergency. This is likely the same pattern. Search and Rescue/Safety first.
But, it is definitely something to be aware of. Disclosure: I work at QCRI
and with Patrick Meier who is spearheading the UAVaviator work. Our team is
very much am keen to see you get what you need to support humanitarians.

Thanks again to all the mappers, leaders and advocates. Often there are
many people quietly working behind the scenes to get you the most up to
date imagery. So thanks to them as well.

Heather

Heather Leson
heatherleson at gmail.com
Twitter: HeatherLeson