[HOT] Road classification system in Nepal

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:59:51 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Kathmandu Living Labs took the time to compile a really useful tagging guide specific to Nepal.

There’s one specific tagging guide for roads here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal/Roads

There’s a more general Nepal tagging guide here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmYd3Y40Dfk8dGk4TzgtVmE5RExMVGNncEEzb2JtSHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I would strongly recommend following KLL’s guidelines wherever possible, they put a lot of thought into crafting a tagging scheme specific to Nepal’s context.

And for those who don’t know, a galli is an alley. Very useful word in Kathmandu :)

Best,

Robert

—
Sent from Mailbox