[HOT] DigitalGlobe Imagery for Nepal

Chris Braun brauncch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:37:20 UTC 2015

Dear Kevin and DigitalGlobe Team,

This is wonderful is DigitalGlobe can provide high res images of the
affected areas. I checked on Kathmandu but indeed the latest images are
still very cloudy.

Is there somewhere a list of the new images made progressively available
so that one can check which areas are being added at which time?

I am particularly interested in the area of Timure village (Rasuwa
District) North of Kathmandu close to the Chinese border:
https://services.digitalglobe.com/myDigitalGlobe/#16/28.2539/85.3677

The latest DigitalGlobe image there dates back from 2012. There are
currently 20-30 trekkers there waiting to come back to Kathmandu but
apparently they are not sure the road is practicable all along the way.
Recent high res imagery -if not too cloudy- would be super helpful for them.

Thanks,
Chris