[HOT] Nepal rural areas - tagging forests and farmland?

Robert Banick rbanick at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:19:07 UTC 2015

Hi Falkmar,

If you look at the tasks up on the tasking manager they usually tell you
what to prioritize.

In general, woodlands and farmlands are very much "nice to have" at this
moment. We're prioritizing roads, residential areas, buildings and any
critical infrastructure we can see (bridges, schools, etc.). Rivers and
other transportation barriers are also of use.

Getting aid to areas affected is at the moment the biggest challenge for
areas outside Kathmandu. So understanding accessibility and where people
are is key.

See the various tasks at http://tasks.hotosm.org/ for task specific
instructions. If one is lacking or incomplete, please speak up here and one
of the activation leads can add the necessary detail.

Thanks for mapping!

Best,
Robert