[HOT] Ushahidi v3.0 is coming: Pre-Launch testing and translation help

Angela Oduor Lungati angela.oduor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:18:15 UTC 2015

Hello Folks!

I want to share some exciting news with you. Last week, the Ushahidi team launched a testing release of Ushahidi v3 <http://www.ushahidi.com/2015/08/07/announcing-an-ushahidi-v3-0-testing-release-co-testing-week/>, gearing up for a launch on Wednesday, 19th August, 2015.
We have a couple of activities lined up this week in the lead up to launch
We’re going to be testing Ushahidi jointly with our community up till 13th August, 2015.
Demo site: http://demo.platform.ushahidi.com <http://demo.platform.ushahidi.com/>
username: demo
password: testing
We are collecting feedback on the following two ways:-
Via this simple form here <http://bit.ly/v3CommunityTestingFeedback>(no-sign in required).
Directly via Github issues <https://github.com/ushahidi/platform/issues>(for those familiar with Github)
Those in Nairobi can join us at the South to South Lab on ground floor anytime between 9:00am and 5:00p.m on Thursday, 13th August 2015. You are more than welcome to join us :D
We’re also looking for help with translations:-
Here’s our Transifex repository <https://www.transifex.com/ushahidi/ushahidi-v3/>(where all our translated content lives) and instructions on how to get started <https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/Localization+and+Translation+-+How+to>.
Join us and members of the Ushahidi team on the following channels:-
IRC <http://irc.lc/freenode/ushahidi> / Hipchat <https://www.hipchat.com/g9I7z8M9a> / Gitter <https://gitter.im/ushahidi/Community> (Posting on any one of these channels will post on all three simultaneously, so you can pick either one you’re most comfortable with)
Skype( add ngelzy to be added into the room)

It’s been a long wait, but we’re almost at the finish line, and greatly appreciate your feedback in building a valuable tool for our users :). Thank you all for your continued support, and looking forward to working together.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly via angela AT ushahidi DOT com.

Have a great week ahead!

Angela Oduor Lungati.
Ushahidi Inc <http://ushahidi.com/>.
Platforms: Ushahidi <http://download.ushahidi.com/> | Crowdmap <https://crowdmap.com/> | CrisisNET <http://crisis.net/>