[HOT] World Humanitarian Day - August 19th and #ReShapeAid

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:57:49 UTC 2015

HI Folks, I hope your summers are grand. World Humanitarian Day is August
19th.

http://www.worldhumanitarianday.org/donate/en

The hashtag is #sharehumanity.

This community has done amazing things to support our humanitarian friends
and those affected communities. Plus, those very communities are
increasingly part of HOT and OSM.

Maybe we can share a blog post or do something collectively? I have my
hands full with the board stuff and Tyler is away.  Anyone want to help
curate a blog post?

Also, I just read the World Humanitarian Summit Online Consultation Summary
Report Preliminary Global Discussions, May-July 2014. This gem was included
in the additional recommendations. Because of you:

"2. Increase opportunities for digital (‘virtual’) volunteers, especially
in disaster assessments and communications."

Thanks

Heather

Heather Leson
heatherleson at gmail.com