[HOT] MSF Report on How Maps Helped Fight Ebola

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:10:24 UTC 2015

Can we build on this, specifically it mentions supporting the countries own
cartography departments and the necessity to add village names and other
details which needs to be done on the ground.  Also there can be multiple
names for the same settlement or bit of settlement so probably we need to
tag the official name with the authority of the cartography department.

Another interesting comment was buildings were not required for some work
the street density was sufficient.

Also that 10 million of the 16 million edits were done by 101
contributors.  Could these be classified in someway so at least some could
become self validating ie we trust this person's work, so we can
concentrate validation on the newer mappers.

Cheerio John