[HOT] Projects on the HOT OSM Tasking Manager - lots of them

Ralf Stephan gtrwst9 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:33:08 UTC 2015

The key for moving people from one-time to many-time contribution is
motivation.
I have seen volunteers suddenly much more motivated when I commented with
more
than a few words on a validation I did. But at least equally important is
task and tile size.
Large tasks are tackled more than a few times only by long-time
contributors. Why have
such big tasks when there is no hurry? I know I am more motivated if tile
sizes are small.
I'm sure it's more so with new contributors, so why have such large tiles
per default, if
they aren't completed anyway? Everything is made ever more casual, but I
need 30-60
minutes to complete the smallest tile size to my satisfaction. Please
increase the split
count AND make the default tile size smaller, or you will never get enough
completed tiles by people who want to invest rather 15 than minutes.

Sorry for ranting