[HOT] Task 1128 - Imagery differences

Chad Blevins cblevins at usaid.gov
Mon Dec 7 15:06:08 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

Just before Geoweek USAID held a joint mapathon among several universities
using the TeachOSM version of the tasking manager.  USAIDs GeoCenter
provided an updated image service for tracing made available under the
NextView license.  It appears there is a slight offset between BING and the
NextView service in some areas.   I just added the image service link to
task #1128 on the HOT TM

Thank you for pointing this out.  This is the first time I've witnessed
conflicts between the HOT and Teach TMs.

Cheers,

Chad

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Chris Zontine <czontine at apple.com> wrote:

> I am currently holding a mapathon mapping task 1128. The problem we are
> having is that many buildings and roads are misaligned. Digging further
> into the problem we discovered there was another mapathon that used custom
> imagery; not Bing. See
> Changeset: 35138566 (http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/35138566).
>
> We wanted to point out this discrepancy.
>
> Chris Zontine

*Chad Blevins*
GeoCenter
U.S. Global Development Lab