[HOT] Tom Taylor passed away Dec. 24th, 2015 - Goodbye Tom

Claire Halleux claire.halleux at hotosm.org
Mon Dec 28 23:40:22 UTC 2015

Tom joined the Training and LearnOSM WG at a time I needed a break.
I saw soon that the TrWG was back on and that helped me to get -in a more
relaxed way- the family time I was aspiring to, I'm really grateful for
that.

For each object traced in Kalemie, Kindu, Kitchanga or North Kivu (amongst
many other places) and all the positive energy he brought to the working
groups, together with the the DRC OSM community, we want to warmly thank
him (and the people who were close to him). Just sorry to be doing so that
late.

This sad news reminds us that our community is full of wonderful people,
whose we often know very little about (outside of their contributions to
OSM).

Peace,

Claire

Claire Halleux