[HOT] Tom Taylor passed away Dec. 24th, 2015 - Goodbye Tom

Ralph Aytoun ralph.aytoun at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 31 10:22:46 UTC 2015

It is with a great sadness that I heard about Tom’s passing. May he rest in peace.

I got to know Tom through the Training Working Group and his enthusiasm was an encouragement to us all. Tom’s dedication was an inspiration as he continued to carry out his duties as Chair right to the end. I am going to miss his friendly manner at the meetings.

Tom was a good mapper and the list of Humanitarian Projects that he contributed to is very impressive, to name just a few
The Ebola epidemic in West Africa.
Typhoon Haiyan that devastated The Philippines.
Flooding in Sudan.
The Aceh Earthquake in Indonesia.
The Lushan Earthquake in China.

My condolences to Tom’s family.

Ralph Aytoun
Volunteer with the Humanitarian Openstreetmap Team