[HOT] [Talk-bd] OSM for mitigation project

Frederic Moine frmoine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:22:11 UTC 2015

Dear Syed,

I hope everything is going well.
I will try in the following weeks to move on this authorization to fly
in Bangladesh, any help are welcome.

We are working on a new methodology to use drone on risk reduction
project ( with OpenStreetMap Haiti, I am also an OSM contributor).
We will test a Near Infra Red NIR camera for land cover /land use work.

We will see how far we can go.

We will use this camera S110 NIR
https://www.sensefly.com/drones/accessories.html

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202561429-Example-Datasets-Available-for-Download-Agriculture
https://www.sensefly.com/examples-of-postflight-processing.html
https://www.sensefly.com/applications/agriculture.html

So let see if it can be useful during a pilot test end April/May in
Bangladesh.

Even if we will do with an NGO, I am still using a Drone for OSM
activities, as a OSM contributor to improve our worklfow and try to find
useful use of it.

So don't hesitate to contact me, especially to see with the authorization.

PS:
All our imagery are on OSM France server (Jean Guilhem are doing the
maintenance)  . Available as WMS / TMS link
  2014 images
tms:http://wms.openstreetmap.fr/tms/1.0.0/haiti_2014/{zoom}/{x}/{y}
2013 images
tms:http://wms.openstreetmap.fr/tms/1.0.0/iomhaiti/{zoom}/{x}/{y}

Or directly in JOSM if you check supplier = HT / Imagerie Drone 2014
(Haïti)  or HT / Imagerie drone (Haïti)

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Preferences/Imagery

Software:
We will use Pix4D for the mosaic

And for the extraction of the land cover and other ( NDVI ) we will use
Orfeo toolbox http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb/

All the best FredM