[HOT] HOT is now on LinkedIn

Augustin Doury augustindoury at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:18:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Two (2) issues currently exist with this HOT channel on Linkedin.
The first (1st) one below has not been considered yet in discussions.

1) the HOT company page
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/humanitarian-openstreetmap-team> is
"called "Humanitarian OSM Team"

* As we can read on LinkedIn Help Center "Adding a company page"
<https://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/710/ft/eng>, the 3rd
step is "Enter your company's official name and your work email address".
"Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team" is not the official name. The official
one is "Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team US Inc".

As it has been done, the company page does not respect the guidelines of
Linkedin, moreover it does not make the distinction between HOT as a US NGO
and HOT as a project and its thousands of volunteers.

* What about Paul's question related to the respect of "OpenStreetMap"
trademark ?

2) I quote Nicolas Chavent here : "the relevance *tout court* of a HOT
presence in LinkedIn which seems to be implicit and somehow beyond
question" and don't develop again here.

Thanks for the related work,

Au plaisir de vous lire,

gus