[HOT] Communications Outreach

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Tue Feb 24 18:19:21 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

In the past few meetings of the communications working group, one of the
topics has been how we can help the HOT community tell their stories, and we
came up with a few ways:

1.      We can help get information about HOT, its members, projects and
activations out through the different "channels" we participate in. Places
like our email lists, Twitter, Facebook, the HOT website, LinkedIn, Flickr,
etc.

.        We know people are busy, so we would like to encourage anyone with
news, announcements, updates, requests, pictures, etc. to send them to the
communications wg; we have people who administrate each channel and we will
make sure your items get formatted and reflected out across all the
appropriate channels. Try it, it's cool, send us something at
communications at hotosm.org

2.      We can help generate content about your HOT activities. Don't have
time or don't feel comfortable writing an update or project description to
share with the world? Send us a short email and let us know! Someone from
the Communications WG will work with you to create, edit, and/or publish
your story to the channels listed above.

3.      We can also provide editing and review. We are glad to just give
your item a review for basic corrections.

How can you help us?

.        We need writers! Our community around the world has a lot of things
to share and we could always use more people to help tell their stories.
This is a great way to contribute to HOT and get some practical public
relations experience. We have story ideas just waiting for someone to take
them up and run with them.

So the short version is: Please engage with us, send us things you want
shared with the HOT community or help us tell stories and engage various
audiences by joining our working group!

communications at hotosm.org

Cheers,

Russ, Blake and all the communication working group