[HOT] Communications Outreach

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Wed Feb 25 15:06:38 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

Actually yes, several HOTties (that I know of) have done radio and other new interviews over the last several years and probably many more that I don’t know about.  Not sure all ‘the good ones’ are all linked, but a good place to do so is: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hot#HOT_in_the_Media

I also heard Steve’s interview and thought it was great, but as you probably noticed the interviewer was driving the conversation (as well as getting random callers to ask questions, which I thought Steve did a wonderful job not knowing what might be asked).  But, for now, the communication wg is more about helping us (HOT) drive the conversation, on that same wiki-page linked above (our main one) there are also slide-share and other material for anyone looking to build a TED talk type presentation – although I don’t think anyone has actually done an actual TED talk about HOT or even OSM for that matter. But at least Kate and myself in the working group have done presentations about HOT before, so we’d be happy to help folks prepare and/or look for opportunities although the wg priorities are first just setting up some basic groundwork for communication in general.

Thanks for the input!

=Russ