[HOT] Task manager description/instructions #591

Max Bainrot mbainrot at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 11:53:22 UTC 2015

Hi Charlotte,

Welcome :)

Also in the comments sometimes people put the offsets, although note I am
not aware of a way to feed iD numerical offsets (I used iD for a day or so
then went to JOSM)

I usually align to the osm features as best as possible as this *should*
result in the most accurate atleast for manual navigable maps

But be careful, the worldview and bing imagery are at different angles (I'm
new to osm hot and osm mapping too and that one bit me on the bottom about
a few days to a week ago). Results in structures having wrong shapes from
misleading shadows, etc

Nb I am new too so if I've made some wrong assumptions please do let me know

73s,
Max - mbainrot
On 03/01/2015 6:41 am, "Blake Girardot" <bgirardot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Charlotte,
>
> In iD:
>
> Click on the Background settings (icon looks like stack of papers).
>
> At the bottom of the slide out panel click the arrow next to "Fix
> Alignment"
>
> Then use the 4 "arrows" that show up to move the background image around
> and get it lined up.
>
> As I said, usually, if Bing is the "reference" you draw a few things
> exactly as show on Bing, then Background to switch back to the custom
> imagery and then "fix alignment" to move the custom imagery to match then
> things you drew over the Bing imagery.
>
> It is hard to find, I had to ask as well for iD.
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>
> On 1/2/2015 8:24 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:
>
>> Blake,
>>
>> How does one change the alignment of imagery with ID? I've been
>> mapping with ID for over a year, and I never heard of that.
>> This is just what Laura is talking about. We need plain and simple
>> guidance.
>> When both the Bing and Worldview imagery were available in Mali, I used
>> only the Bing imagery, because it was clearly superior (no huge pixels),
>> and I
>> moved objects as necessary to align with Bing.
>>
>> Charlotte

>>> page please?
>>> canals.
>>> contribute, download Bing imagery instead.
>>> realign or redraw vector data to match the Bing imagery.
>>>
>>> This applies to ID and JOSM. The task will load WorldView imagery
>>> for either editor. I think you have the directions basically correct,
>>> but as I read them now my understanding is this:
>>> 1. Start editing a task.
>>> 2. Load the Bing imagery (now 2013 images). (In JOSM do not use the
>>> alignment database plugin settings, they are no long needed for Bing
>>> imagery)
>>> 3. Make sure some buildings and roads are mapped correctly using the Bing
>>> imagery. Move or map some new ones to match Bing.
>>> 4. Then load the WorldView imagery (2014 imagery).