[HOT] Information about HOT Task #28 - Tamale (Ghana) : Digital Globe

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:38:23 UTC 2015

Hi Enock!

You are right, the imagery url does not seem to work, at least not just
my quick test.

But Bing has good imagery from 2013 for the area.

Can you try the Bing imagery?

If you are using the iD web editor for mapping:

After you load a task square, click the "Background settings" icon tab
on the right side of the window. It looks like a "stack of papers" "///"
or you can just hit the 'b' key and that will open it.

Then just click the circle next to "Bing aerial imagery" and it should
load the Bing.

If you are using JOSM Bing should just be available from your "Imagery"
menu.

If that does not work for you (clouds or something wrong with Bing) you
could try "MapBox Satellite" imagery.

If that does not work for you please let us know and we can look into
getting the mapsforall imagery working.

And please let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Blake