[HOT] Humanitarian Mapping for a class

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:32:47 UTC 2015

Oh very cool!

Thank you very much for considering us for your class :)

I know people have really good suggestions for your question, but the
main consideration for me is judging or grading or evaluating based on
the quality of mapping, not quantity.

I just spent several hours last week cleaning up after (probable)
students who were probably graded based on quantity so mapped a lot of
non existent stuff.

So I would say emphasis on good mapping is the key to really helping the
students and OSM and HOT as a whole. It probably wouldn't hurt to add a
tag to their changeset comments like #gis101 so we know it is part of
your project if we find anything that we might help provide feedback on.

And please keep in touch.

Thank you again!

Cheers,
Blake