[HOT] Damage evaluation tagging schema

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 06:48:26 UTC 2015

Hi Pierre, Mark and all

FYI some related schemes -- currently used or proposed in OSM -- are
gathered at this page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_life_cycle_concepts

In particular this section
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_life_cycle_concepts#.3Cstatus.3E:.3Ckey.3E_.3D_.3Cvalue.3E

At a basic level it would look like:
damaged:building=hospital
(damaged is not yet used or documented)

I understand that you need more refinement for details:
* source: imagery/survey
* date
* event name or reference

So maybe you could consider this scheme as a starting point.
Then you could add more field/key/tag so that it is adapted to your
needs for completeness and data extraction.

On Jan 23, 2015 5:04 AM, "Markware Software Services"
<markwaresoftware at gmail.com> wrote:

> Osm does have these tags already defined, I am sure you are aware
> abandoned=* - for a building

and other related tags: disused/demolished/removed...

But see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:abandoned
in particular the section: Former use (as a simple tag)
with
Older scheme (deprecated)
Intermediate scheme (discouraged)
Current scheme (recommended)

>From the wiki: Using a simple key is now strongly discouraged. It is
recommended to use the namespaced form instead.
This leads to the scheme in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Comparison_of_life_cycle_concepts#.3Cstatus.3E:.3Ckey.3E_.3D_.3Cvalue.3E

althio