[HOT] Geoglyphs

Laura Green lollymay at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:22:07 UTC 2015

Hi folks - I’ve come across a geoglyph (or hillside letters) for the first time this morning. It had been partially added by a previous mapper, who traced part of the actual words that had been scratched onto the hillside. After a bit of googling, and searching the map features on the osm wiki, I decided to delete the word outlines (which were untagged), and instead enclosed them with an area, and tagged it with man_made=geoglyph, name=‘Ratjamose Barracks’ (which is what the letters spelled out).

It was in this square http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/597#task/732 <http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/597#task/732>

Any thoughts about whether this was right?

Laura
HOT: LollyMay