[HOT] Quarterly Newsletter?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 13:26:36 UTC 2015

We know we have a lot of new mappers who we'd like to get map more
sessions.  We also know that mappers like feedback on how their work is
used.  Perhaps a short newsletter might help is keep in touch with all our
mappers.  There are topics which get discussed in the mailing list that
might be of interest to others.

I suggest no more than quarterly, and not yet more smiling faces gathered
in a room, but perhaps one article per newsletter written by one of the
NGOs, that answers the question how do you use the data.  Even if its mixed
with other data and I suspect it is, its feedback and helps keep people
mapping.

I also suggest one pointer to one tutorial, how to map buildings in iD
would be nice.

Perhaps even a discussion on Validation, talking to one end user validated
data was important to them.

And no I'm not volunteering to be editor.

Cheerio John