[HOT] HOT in MENA

Heather Leson heatherleson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 05:05:40 UTC 2015

Hi!

Are you involved in HOT and live in the MENA region?  As some of you know,
I live in Doha, Qatar. One of my personal goals is to support the growth of
Digital Humanitarians in the region. This means having some regional based
mappers connect and talk about how we can collaborate some. I am already
looking into Arabic translation for some core items. [1]Of course, it makes
sense that we work on projects with our remote allies.

The World Humanitarian Youth Summit will be in Doha in September. There are
opportunities for booths to demo work. For me this is something that the
community could get involved in. Maybe we could inspire young leaders to
learn to map and to join OSM.

Hope to hear from you,

Heather

Heather Leson