[HOT] HOT] paths, tracks and unclassified in West Africa

Steve Bower steve at worldvista.net
Wed Jul 15 03:51:34 UTC 2015

I agree with Andrew regarding the disincentive of having inconsistent
guidance on highway tagging, and associated discussions that don't
necessarily reach conclusions. I think we need to continue to prioritize
this known issue, to reduce that disincentive and improve data
quality/consistency.

I'm curious to see any findings of the subsequent "post mortem" work to
develop more clear and consistent guidance for highway tagging. Ultimately,
I think the available guidance needs to be consolidated, clarified, and
made more consistent. That's a substantial task, but as Andrew said, it
surely must be possible to come to a conclusion for a generic set of
definitions.

Cheers,
~~Steve