[HOT] paths, tracks and unclassified in West Africa

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Thu Jul 16 14:22:36 UTC 2015

On Thursday, July 16, 2015 09:51:16 AM john whelan wrote:
> >a narrow, non-motorized vehicle path as a 'path'
>
> There are a lot of motorcycles around in these areas, small ones that are
> economical for gas, they use the paths.

Good point!  The Wiki defines a path as "a generic path, either multi-use or
unspecified usage, open to all non-motorized vehicles."[0]  I wonder if there
is a better way to describe a way that can be used for motorcycles but not a
car or truck or if we should broaden our definition of 'path' and then allow
more specific tags to come later by on the ground surveys.

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dpath

--Eric