[HOT] paths, tracks and unclassified in West Africa

Steve Bower steve at worldvista.net
Thu Jul 16 20:43:58 UTC 2015

One issue with using only a "verified" tag is that you would still have
different tag definitions for "rough/remote" mapping vs "detailed/verified"
mapping. That could be confusing. The current 24 "detailed" highway tags
[1] might distill down to about 5-8 "rough classification" tags, depending
on the country. (Though a "verified" tag could still be of use.)

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway

~~Steve