[HOT] IRC?

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Sat Jul 18 21:03:20 UTC 2015

Hi Suzan,

I replied directly to you as well, but I think you were trying to just connect without saying which channel you wanted, make your you are including both the 'server' and 'channel', i.e. the whole path should be: irc://irc.oftc.net/hot or irc://irc.oftc.net #hot depending on how your client works - I just use the standard client; which should open in basically any browser: http://irc.openstreetmap.org/ - then you should see the channel selection - choose #hot. But all clients should give you the chance to set a nickname, so if you choose one that we can recognize as you, then we should see you log-in and there are a few of us 'anxiously' waiting to say hi :)
=Russ

P.S. There is also this direct link we give during activations that should go directly to the #hot channel, just need to put in your nickname: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/hot