[HOT] HOT Board Minutes - May 2015

Jorieke Vyncke jorieke.vyncke at hotosm.org
Fri Jun 5 09:00:12 UTC 2015

Dear,

In this link you can find back the meeting minutes of our last board meeting :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1EorbpNCZ03R3NsWjk1alh6Y0k/view?usp=sharing

Like you can read, we discussed on a lot of interesting topics. I just
resume here:

- We discussed how we want to go further in the process of the search
for a permanent executive directer. Till now this was just
confidentially in the board, but consultation of the HOT community is
upcoming.

- Another important issue we discussed is the election of the 7th
board member. In our opinion this is a core membership issue, so we
are happy to have one board member to observe, but all decisions
should be membership driven.

- Further we also discussed extensively on the working groups. How we
see them working, what kind of role the board and the staff must have
in them, etc. The most important to do's for the working groups are in
our view now: the review of the ToR, choosing a lead and co-­lead
(selected by community) for each working group and appointing a board
member to each working group who will follow up.

-The last big topic was an update of Tyler on HOT's projects. An
overview you can find back in the meeting minutes, but by clicking on
this link you can find back a schematic overview of our projects and
staffers : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0XiPXWA3naN0xQYjJzUW9zZ00/view?usp=sharing

As always, if you have comments, suggestions, ideas or points to put
on our agenda, please feel free to get in touch with us!
And by the way, I'm sorry it took me some time before sending this
minutes of our board meeting. This new role as secretary on the board,
is also a learning process for me.

Have a good day,

Jorieke