[HOT] Bangladesh Map Inquiry

Doris Hernandez dhernandez at dhinfrastructure.com
Tue Jun 9 21:09:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

My name is Doris Hernandez and I work as an Analyst with DHInfrastructure,
and I am writing to  inquire about possible map sources for a current
project in Bangladesh. My company, DHInfrastructure, is a multi-disciplinary
consulting firm that advises on financial, economic and regulatory aspects
of energy tariffs and regulation.

We are currently working on evaluating the potential for solar PVs on
rooftops in the city of Dhaka, Bangladesh. One of the initial steps in this
research is finding a mapping source that allows us to distinguish what
building rooftops are suitable for solar panels (so, excluding slums,
buildings that are experience shade during the day, etc.).

Is there any source on OpenStreetMap that you might point me to to  find a
map that may be in line with this solar PV on rooftops project? For
example, are there any maps that distinguish by levels of surface? or by
building heights?

I truly appreciate your help, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Doris