[HOT] Mapping South Kivu - micro tasking and the TM

Doris Hernandez dhernandez at dhinfrastructure.com
Wed Jun 10 12:10:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

My name is Doris Hernandez and I am writing to  inquire about possible map
sources for a current project in Bangladesh. My company, DHInfrastructure,
is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm that advises on financial, economic
and regulatory aspects of energy tariffs and regulation.  We are currently
working on evaluating the potential for solar PVs on rooftops in the city
of Dhaka, Bangladesh. One of the initial steps in this research is finding
a mapping source that allows us to distinguish what building rooftops
are suitable for solar panels (so, excluding slums, buildings that
are experience shade during the day, etc.).

Is there any source on OpenStreetMap that you might point me to to  find a
map that may be in line with this solar PV on rooftops project? For
example, are there any maps that distinguish by levels of surface? or by
building heights?

I truly appreciate your help, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Doris