[HOT] Help complete tasks #1093 and #1094 before impending field visit!

Carmen Sumadiwiria carm.suma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:09:25 UTC 2015

Dear HOT-community,

This is my first time utilizing the HOT-list so bear with me if I omit some
vital information or make a silly mistake :)

Basically I am looking for volunteers with a couple of hours this weekend
and next week who would help me validate two tasks I have set up,
namely Durgapur
task #1093 <http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1093> and Chittagong task #1094
<http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1094>, both located in Bangladesh. This is
all part of a pilot project testing whether it is possible to equip UK
volunteers going abroad with enough knowledge to facilitate mapping in
their communities. It has been done as a collaborative effort between the
Missing Maps Project and an NGO called Y Care International.

I am heading to Bangladesh on the 28th to oversee this project and conduct
some research on it. Before doing so I would love these two tasks to be
completed and validated. Although we threw a mapathon in London last
Tuesday, we've only got to about 50% of both tasks.

If you could help (particularly with validating) I would be more than
grateful!

All the best and have a wonderful weekend,

Carmen
*Carmen C. Sumadiwiria*
BA Philosophy & Politics (University of York)
MSc Disasters, Adaptation & Development (pending King's College London)

E-mail: carm.suma at gmail.com
Telephone: +44 7879391313