[HOT] Flowchart of production

Steve Bower steve at worldvista.net
Sat Jun 20 13:26:19 UTC 2015

Courtney,
This list is for HOT activities. For HOT activations (for crisis response),
remote mappers are invited to map specific features (transportation,
buildings, surface water, etc.) for specific tasks, managed through the HOT
Tasking Manager [1,2], where the instructions point to specific training
materials (e.g., [3]). The process includes validation by more experienced
mappers, and batch data QA steps.

Mapathons are often organized where contributors come together and can get
real-time help from experienced mappers [4].

Outside of HOT, Missing Maps focuses on proactive mapping of the most
vulnerable areas of the world [5]. And the world at large is invited to
contribute to the overall OSM data set.

~~Steve

[1] http://tasks.hotosm.org/
[2] http://learnosm.org/en/beginner/HOT-Remote-Response-Guide/