[HOT] GAP Analysis or Regional OSM Mapping Assessment

Russell Deffner russell.deffner at hotosm.org
Mon Jun 22 17:29:31 UTC 2015

Ok, sorry about that Samuel; I think there was probably some difficulty understanding the question, and it is difficult to answer.

If I understood correctly, you are looking to analyze the ‘completeness’ of features like the road network.  This can be done with Geographic Information System applications, but I don’t do that type of work much anymore, so I won’t pretend I can give you good instructions.  However, there may be a larger issue – in order to do that analysis you would need a complete dataset to compare the OSM dataset against.  Maybe there is Nigeria government data, but in general if you had a figure, such as “there are X million kilometers of road in Kano State – then you could compute the amount in OSM and have such figure.  Even more difficult, but not impossible – there is something similar for comparing united states tiger data to OSM – is to actually be able to show on a map where there is ‘gaps’.

Hope that helps and/or gives a better idea for what you are looking for and maybe who can help you achieve that.

=Russ