[HOT] A wish for the next Board

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:10:59 UTC 2015

On 3/8/2015 3:00 PM, Jean-Guilhem Cailton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It has been great to see the new contributors and partners joining in
> the past year, bringing their contributions, enthusiasm, competences,
> uses and support, and all the great things that were done, and that will
> continue. This can be read about in more details in several other places.
>
> But something less positive also happened, that I feel necessary to
> share with you. For the first time, in 2014, the fifth year of my
> personal commitment in OSM in the context of humanitarian crises (since
> Haiti 2010 earthquake), I have witnessed a deliberately taken decision,
> apparently supported by the previous HOT Board (or at least a majority
> within it), that resulted in our collective help, through mapping, to
> health and humanitarian actors that were struggling to save lives in
> West Africa not being quite as efficient as it could have been, at
> certain times and places. Deliberately obstructing use of valuable
> resources.

Could you be more specific please? What actions were taken that you feel
deliberately obstructed using resources?

Insights like this are very helpful, but only if they explain what
happened specifically so we can all know and be watchful that they do
not happen again or make reforms that prevent them from happening.

Cheers,
Blake