[HOT] Not Gone...A Change in Relationship

Kate Chapman kate.chapman at hotosm.org
Mon Mar 9 03:59:13 UTC 2015

Dear HOT community

In January 2010 HOT came to me during a transition period in my life. As I
look back over the past 5 years I can’t even imagine where I’d be today
without the HOT community. With this in mind it is now time for me to
transition again into a different role within HOT. It is time for my time
as a paid staff member to end, though I will still be contributing as a
volunteer.

I have accepted a position with a new organization (so new it is currently
nameless) as their Chief Technology Officer, I’ll be working to build an
open-source land rights mapping system. This mean I am stepping down from
my Executive Director role at HOT. I will be remaining a participant in the
HOT community as both a Voting Member, administrator for the Outreachy
internship program, and within the Missing Maps Project and OpenAerialMap.
I hope to see many of you at the HOT Summit as well.

I will assist the Board of Directors of HOT in both a handover plan and
documentation of my role at the organization. The Board will be following
up with instructions and next steps in the next day.

If you have any questions or just even want to talk please contact me
directly. The Board is also available to answer questions as needed, they
can be reached at board at hotosm.org. To keep in touch with me personally,
please update your address book for kate at maploser.com.

The HOT community is strong and I can’t wait to see what we will do in the
future.

Thank you,

-Kate

--