[HOT] Canaan Haiti Mapping

FredM frmoine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:18:43 UTC 2015

Hello Dale, very good initiative to have a massive use of Mapillary.

For OSM Haiti side, We just finished processing of the drones images (
February 2015 including infrared). We still have a lot of cleaning to do,
because we want to extract the land cover and height of the building.

Concerning Canaan:
This is an informal area it has been built without the help of NGOs.
This is a complex organization and it is important to be careful and involve
as much as possible the people not only the leader ( what we can do on our
side is to organize  mapping ,party/participatory gis, training, if by any
chance somebody has some budget,…)

OSM haiti made some training in 2014 for  the red cross in Cap Haitien,

Mappng party in Cannan :

 OSM Haiti has done some work with communities (16 meeting) to identify
blocks over onaville / Canaan. It is important to be able to support the
process and let the community organizing and thing about the use of this
space with of course local authority.

Remote mapping: Let's see if we can organize a mapping party in Paris, to
support your initiative.

We will need to use the same image or reference, to be sure we have the same
spatial reference during digitizing.

All the best FredM