[HOT] What I want from HOT (was: Re: Let's make the most of this)

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:39:39 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I’d like to thank Maning, Althio, Zacharia, Robert and Nirab, as well as
Mark and Blake for sharing respectively their views, thoughts and
expectations about HOT or what they intend to do within the organization.

Those reads have been energizing: I share most of those points which have
been at the heart of my engagement within the HOT Project since its early
stage. Most of these have been for a part translated into action and
reality.

If elected, I intend to continue enforcing them as a Director, by working
along the lines set in my statement [1] for this election of the Board of
the NGO HOT US.

I am looking forward to the continued expression of expectations for HOT US
in 2015 and the discussions they will foster.

Best,
Nicolas

[1] : https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Nicolas%20Chavent/diary/34539

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Markware Software Services <
markwaresoftware at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nirab, Jorieke Vyncke is based in Africa and she has nominated ..
>

> Regards
>
> Mark Cupitt
>
> "If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"
>
> See me on Open Street Map <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mark_Cupitt>
>
> See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>
>

> *See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*
>
> ===============================================================================================
> The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
> it is addressed and may contain
> confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
> or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and
> delete the email and any attachments.
> ===============================================================================================
>

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Nirab Pudasaini <
> developer.nirab at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have seen lot of talks related to HOT vision form many lately.I see
>> that Maning and Robert have made some excellent points and i fully support
>> them. It is good to know that everybody is in support of diversity in
>> the HOT board. It is also very exciting to see that we have a nomination
>> from Nepal this year. This has created much excitement here in the OSM
>> Nepal community.
>>
>> One thing that i noticed however was that there is no single nominations
>> from Africa. It is surprising considering that most of the work and
>> activation of HOT has been based in Africa lately, particularly around
>> Ebola mapping. I guess the nominations are closed for this year's election
>> but i would definitely wish to see nominations from Africa next year.
>>
>> Regards
>> Nirab
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 8:00 PM Robert Banick <rbanick at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Sorry, my comment on diversity got cut off…what I meant to say is this:
>>>
>>> P.S. Also please goodness let’s working on being more diverse. We’re an
>>> international organization and we need a more international,
>>> gender-balanced membership. This isn’t something that happens overnight and
>>> isn’t a problem unique to HOT. But it is a fact that our volunteer and
>>> membership are predominantly male and Western. It’s something to keep in
>>> mind as we grow and try to attract new contributors and members. I would
>>> welcome input from any of our contributors who’ve worked on such issues
>>> with other organizations

Nicolas Chavent
Projet OpenStreetMap (OSM)
Projet Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
Projet Espace OSM Francophone (EOF)
Mobile (FRA): +33 (0)6 52 40 78 20
<nicolas.chavent at hotosm.org>
Email: nicolas.chavent at gmail.com