[HOT] Missing Maps Field Mapping Help
dale.kunce at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 10:20:39 UTC 2015
American Red Cross and Missing Maps need your help.
Do to some staff deployments to support the global Red Cross in Vanuatu,
American Red Cross is in urgent need of a volunteer to help with training
and field mapping in Tanzania. We already have all of the materials and
great lead trainer from American Red Cross GIS team but we need a second
What We Need:
- Two week commitment starting April 10
- Experience with OpenStreetMap
- Experience with JOSM and/or iD
- Experience with Field Papers
- Previous field experience within a humanitarian context, especially
Africa, a plus
What You Will Do:
Train Tanzanian Red Cross staff and volunteers on
- OSM data model
- Using Field Papers to collect OSM data
- Entering Data in JOSM and/or iD
- Deploy and test OpenMapKit for use throughout the mapping
- Help build a local OSM community
Why You Should Do It:
- Learn how to use OpenMapKit
- Gain field mapping experience in a humanitarian context
- Help out Missing Maps and support vulnerable people
- ARC will pay for all field expenses and travel within our expense rules
Send and email to me, dale.kunce at redcross.org, with your CV/Resume and
answer the following questions.
- Why you want to volunteer?
- Description of your OSM/HOT experience
- Statement about your ability to obtain a visa for Tanzania.
Brief Program Description:
The American Red Cross and Tanzanian Red Cross are beginning long term
disaster risk reduction programming in rural Ushirombo, Tanzania. The Red
Cross hopes to capture GIS data using OSM and needs more detailed basemap
data (roads, land features, rivers) to assist in the project design phase.
The maps produced will be used to create more efficient and grounded
programs to reduce the risk or disease and environmental disaster from
affecting the communities.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the HOT