[HOT] HOT Summit panel / talk proposal

Martin Noblecourt m_noblecourt at cartong.org
Sun Mar 22 18:17:38 UTC 2015

Dear Pete,

I completely agree with you; and although I'm not sure we'll be able to
attend the summit, I'll be very interested to see the outcomes of such a
discussion.

We've been organizing small monthly virtual mapping parties for
French-speakers for a few months, and although the attendance is not
huge, it seems very appreciated by new contributors who can directly ask
their questions while they're mapping. It is also a way of making
mapping more fun - although less than an actual mapping party of course
- and is much easier to organize when you don't have a permanent place
to host people. (which is often the case I guess except when large NGOs
support the process)

Best regards.

Martin

Message: 2