[HOT] Ebola Outbreak UNMEER Routing : Data Collection

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:12:16 UTC 2015

OsmTracker only stores a GPX file with metadata (like audio recordings or
photos). Then you have to load that track in an editor (preferably a
desktop editor like JOSM) for adding it to OSM. So OsmTracker is more a
note-taking app. When you make your own notes, you can be rather criptic.
F.e. I just typed "L10" when housenumber 10 was on the left. It's ideal
when you make your own codes (typing on a smartphone keyboard isn't that
handy), but it's not ideal to send tracks to others.

OsmAnd offers other possibilities. With OsmAnd you can enter new POI into
the OSM database directly (or save them locally first), and also make map
notes on OSM directly. As the tags go in the database, and the notes are
visible to anyone, it shouldn't be cryptic at all. This makes mapping with
OsmAnd a bit slower.

Regards,
Sander