[HOT] Date of a mapped feature?

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Fri May 1 05:46:27 UTC 2015

It is not necessary to open an editor to see these histories, they can
be found at the openstreetmap.org site too. To get them, do the
following:

Zoom in sufficiently that there are not too many objects in the part
that you are looking at. Then in the menu in the upper right, click on
'layers' (symbol of 3 slides of paper), then in the menu that appears,
select the option 'Map Data' (lowest option). Alternatively, add
"&layers=D" to the url (or change "&layers=H" to "&layers=HD" or
similarly if you use another map style than standard). For example,
for the area around the road Nick mentions, use url
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/27.70651/85.29394&layers=D. Now
on the map each feature will have a blue line (for ways) or circle
(for nodes) around it. If you click on the line or circle, the current
information sidebar as described by Nick for that object will appear.

André Engels