[HOT] Message sizes

Tom Taylor tom.taylor.stds at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:11:22 UTC 2015

A number of messages are getting stuck in the HOT list moderator queue
because they exceed the list limit of 40,000 kB. I think that's a
reasonable limit, considering that a number of our colleagues are on a
thin Internet connection. I've been letting messages go through up to
about 50 kB, but rejecting larger ones.

I suspect the primary problem is people failing to chop messages down to
the last one or two exchanges when they compose a reply. This plus HTML
uses up bytes quite quickly. Please try to remember to delete the older
portions before sending your own message out.

Tom Taylor
TomT5454