[HOT] Nepal Earthquake - Experienced JOSM users needed : Pilot task to trace helicopter landing in remote areas

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Sat May 2 13:58:23 UTC 2015

Michael,
badly I added an image to the Task but it does not appear. I have asked Pierre Giraud our TM expert if he can fix this.
Link to the image :https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/f/f7/Josm_nepal_aeroway_helipad.png
Pierre

      De : Michael <ohrosm at gmail.com>
 À : hot at openstreetmap.org
 Envoyé le : Samedi 2 mai 2015 8h57
 Objet : Re: [HOT] Nepal Earthquake - Experienced JOSM users needed : Pilot task to trace helicopter landing in remote areas

Hi,

Am 02.05.2015 um 02:36 schrieb Pierre Béland:

> we are requested to help to locate official and potential helicopters
> landing to help for the relief of remote areas in the mountains. This
> is not an easy job and we ask again for experienced contributors that
> can play with the various Image layers and evaluate helicopters
> landing. See the pilote task http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1023

I agree that this is not easy. After finishing two small tasks I had not
found any marked helipad but added some "leisure=common".

So I was to not sure if I was looking for an example and with the help
of overpass finally found one. In case anyone else had the same question
and for reference here the coodinates:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/28.29210/84.37631
In the imagery you can see the "H" in a circle of about 10 meters size.

Michael (user Ohr)