[HOT] Validation tools

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 18:18:14 UTC 2015

When I validate I may notice an area tagged as a building.  Occasionally
I'll search the entire tile for more buildings by the same user and
normally I'll find three or four areas tagged as buildings.

When I validate a project I try to validate tiles as soon or shortly after
they are done and I've caught more than a few errors that way and gently
nudged the mappers towards the accepted way of mapping.  However the
typical tile has fourteen or fifteen different mappers contributing not
just the one who marked it done.

However the really new inexperienced mappers don't mark a tile as done but
these are the people I'd prefer to validate quickly to see they are mapping
along the right lines.

Any suggestions please on how to pick them out and check what they've done?

Thanks John