[HOT] Tracing tagged buildings

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun May 3 21:12:50 UTC 2015

Hi -

> 1. Should I delete the single node tag for a house when I trace a building?
> JOSM warns of object within object... I left the original tags.

Yes, delete it - it's important not to lose any extra tags that might
be there, so make sure of that (but in many cases it's just
building=yes or whatever).

Advanced JOSM users like to merge the old node into one of the new
building's nodes, moving the tags from node to way, so that the
object's history is "connected". Don't feel obliged to do that if it's
tricksy.

> 2. I believe it was #518, how do I go back to the same task again?

When you go to a specific square the URL changes to reflect the exact
location. Therefore, you can use your browser's history to go back to
the exact square.

Best
Dan