[HOT] Info on Nepal earthquake for NGOs?

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon May 4 13:45:11 UTC 2015

You can place these on sites like flickr or simply send twitter. I just did that to announce post-disaster task.https://twitter.com/pierzen/status/595220223072022530

Pierre

      De : pm5 <pomin5 at gmail.com>
 À : Harry Wood <mail at harrywood.co.uk>
Cc : "hot at openstreetmap.org" <hot at openstreetmap.org>; Sarah Johns <SJohns at bond.org.uk>
 Envoyé le : Lundi 4 mai 2015 9h23
 Objet : Re: [HOT] Info on Nepal earthquake for NGOs?

(Resent because obviously I have included too many reply mails in the
last message so it got too long and triggered the moderating system.)

I think this is important, too.  A few use cases and photo of aid
workers on the field using OpenStreetMap would really inspire people
to be involved and help spread the words.

As an effort to promote HOT and OSM in Taiwan, we have started to
collect use cases of OSM data in disaster zone.  Right now there are
two short but growing wiki pages:

* https://osmtw.hackpad.com/Db5PQIgiKjP (Chinese)
* https://osmtw.hackpad.com/Usage-of-OSM-data-in-disaster-relief-field-works-RmfnLHdjkmX
(English)

Everyone is welcomed to add more information to these pages.

It would be really helpful if someone could point me to some aid
workers that are willing to share their usage of OSM on the field,
though I'm aware that this might not be a good time because the relief
work is still ongoing.

We have not yet acquired a photo of aid workers visibly with OSM in
Nepal, but some of us are working on it.

I am also aware of a Documented Usage section[1] on the 2015 Nepal
earthquake OSM wiki page, but right now it seems to consist only
online usage.  Any more information about on-the-ground usage would be
welcomed.

[1]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2015_Nepal_earthquake#Documented_Usage

pm5