[HOT] What's water?

john o'l ol.john.el at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:35:53 UTC 2015

Thanks Pat!

I loaded hiu and even looked at it some before my recurring memory error
started messing up my JOSM experience.  [awhile ago I added the suggested
fix but either did it wrong or I have some 64-bit type issue]

What I noticed could have been partially due to alignment, but the stream
was generally marked slightly to the east of what is represented in the
imagery.  I think your instincts regarding its path not actually going
through the treetops is correct.  For the reaches in the immediate area, it
appears highly constrained with little to no floodplain.

As far as revising its location, I wouldn't unless the mapped channel
conflicted with a settlement, an important transportation route, or a
bridge or something like that -- and even then probably just in the
immediate area of the conflict.  ... Gotta get to work...

Cheers!

John