[HOT] data alignment to satellite imagery

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:35:34 UTC 2015

Hi Pat,

If I understand your request correctly here are some keywords:
offset, align, misalignement, georectification

and some links
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Using_Imagery
http://learnosm.org/en/editing/correcting-imagery-offset/

@Joshua
I would recommend using the "fix alignment" tool to move the imagery
to match the existing data and then trace new data as needed.
It is important to keep the new data consistent with the existing data
in the neighbourhood.
It is not practical to use iD editor to batch move several objects.

- althio