[HOT] data alignment to satellite imagery

Pat Tressel ptressel at myuw.net
Tue May 5 10:13:01 UTC 2015

Thanks althio!  One important thing from those docs is specifying the
offset in the offset db once it's computed and then letting other mappers
using the HIU DG imagery know.

Let me say more concretely what I want to do:

-- Compute the appropriate average shift based on the areas around Borang
where there is both Bing and HIU DG imagery.
-- Load a changeset of mine that was traced from the HIU DG imagery.
-- Identify any later changes to those elements.
-- If there are no later changes, select all the elements in the changeset
and shift them by the computed amount.  Note that since there is no Bing
imagery in the areas of these changesets, I cannot do this "by eye".
-- If there are later changes, and those are consistent with the HIU DG
imagery, load and select those as well, and proceed as above.
-- If there are later changes that seem to be based on yet other imagery,
with a different offset, exclude those and fix them by hand.  Shift the
remaining elements as above.

Obviously, I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, before there are
(m)any "later changes" to complicate the process.  ;-)  That's why I'm
pushing on this.  So I guess part of this is "asking permission" and part
is "is there a standard drill for this?"

-- Pat